Saturday, June 23, 2012

Trudy Parkinson





Ten years is a long time, but it sure flew by for me. Two weeks after we finished high school I began full time cosmetology school at Career Beauty College. (This has closed down now because there are two awesome new beauty schools in Rexburg). I worked part-time receptionst at Reflections Hair and Nail Design (which happens to be owned by my sister) to get by financially. I also continued to live at home and mooch off my parents as long as possible. After graduating, taking my state board exam, and becoming licensed, I continued to work at Reflections as a hairstylist and nail technician.
So there I was. Living at home with my parents, working hard for the money, and playing extra hard at night (doing things like country dancing...) I was just dating lots, not wanting to get serious with anyone, when I met the love of my life! Bryce Parkinson! We actually met at the St. Anthony skate park, when I was hanging out with some other boys who happened to be friends with him. He was living in Salt Lake City and had come back home for a weekend visit. We had actually both gone to Madison, but he is one year younger in age and in school. (I know, Ive robbed the cradle!) Oh, and he had transferred from Sugar for his junior and our senior year. So that's why I didn't know him. We hung out that entire weekend, and he just kept coming back weekend after weekend. I started visiting him too, we were on the phone with each other all night long every night, and we fell madly in love! We were married in the Idaho Falls Temple on August 5, 2005. I moved to Utah the next day.
I have continued my career as a Hair Stylist in Utah. I work at Foxi Hair, a salon in Midvale. Bryce has worked for Grainger Industrial Supply for 9 years. His current position is Territory Sales Representative. In October 2009, we purchased a home in Taylorsville. On February 26th, 2011, we welcomed our first child! Hazel Grace Parkinson. She is the light of our lives, and the best little girl anyone couls ask for. She's 16 months old, loves to chat (with everyone-including strangers), sing songs, and play outside.
I'm excited to see you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment