Friday, June 22, 2012

Amber Powell Redd






\Well, two weeks after we graduated, I started right into college at BYU-I.  I graduated from the nursing program in 2004, then finished with my BSN of Nursing 3 semesters later in 2005.  In May of '04 I went on my first date with my future husband.  I had met Kevin about a year before, but by the time we went on that first date, all I could remember was that everyone called him "Redd" and he had mad volleyball skillz.  It finally came to me, though, and we were eventually married in the Idaho Falls temple in May of 2005. We bought our home here in Rexburg in 2006 and have never ventured away!
 
I have been working at Madison Memorial Hospital for the past 8 years (whoah!) as a labor & delivery nurse. I've had the priviledge of helping many of you welcome new babies into your families, and have helped during miracles & tragedies while there. I really love what I do, but right now I have cut back to an "as needed" status (2-3x/month) so I can be at home to raise my kiddos. Kevin has been working at BYU-I for the past 6 years, and is one of the Advisors for the Competitive Sports Program.  This will also be his first year as the Volleyball Commissioner for High School Volleyball in District 6. 
 
My greatest achievements in the past 10 years are named Logan, Brooklyn, and Samantha.  Logan just turned 5, and is the craziest kid I know. He is extremely outgoing, loud, clever, and has way too much energy. I feel like I'll only be able to outsmart this kid for a couple more years, at best. Brooklyn is 2 1/2 and is a cute little sassy-pants. She cracks me up everyday with the things she says and does, and seems to be following right along in her brother's footsteps, heaven help me! Samantha is almost 3 months, and is so happy & smiley.  I can proudly boast she already sleeps 8-9hrs at night almost every night. 
 
Eventually, I plan on returning to school to further my nursing degree.  But for now, most of my days are spent washing little hands and faces, discussing Transformers, Dora, Diego, bugs & spiders, and cleaning up messes again & again & again.  The crazy part is that overall, I love it, and I'm happy with how I've changed and grown in the last 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment