Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tiffany Tietjen Mattson





I love this idea of the blog update for everyone.  I have been wondering what everybody has been up too since graduation and I don't get out much.  My life right now consists of being a full time mom, a cook, a nurse, a gardener, a maid and the list goes on.  I wish I could say that I can remember most of what has happened in my life in the last 10 yrs but to be truthful, it is all a blur.  

First of all after we graduated I went and worked at a Dude Ranch in Victor, ID with Gloria Bagley VanOrden and then came home one weekend and met an amazing guy and pretty much knew I wanted to marry him.  His name is John Mattson.  He knew my brothers from college, so yes he is older than me.  Seven and a half years to be exact.  I moved to Provo to date him and then moved back to Rexburg to go to college.  I attended one semester of college at BYU-I and then got engaged.   We were married May 2nd, 2003 in the Idaho Falls Temple.  We lived in Rexburg for a few months and then he got a job out at Lockheed Martin in Littleton, Colorado.  We lived down the street from his old house and the Columbine High School where the shooting took place.  I knew that was not a place I wanted my kids to grow up.  I prayed that some how we could move back to Rexburg.   After three and half years of my husband not liking his job in Littleton, my brothers offered him a job with them at Policy Technologies in Rexburg.  I was so excited.  It only took us a couple of weeks to pack up and move.   We built a house in Salem and have lived here for almost five years.


My husbands name is Robert John Mattson but he goes by John.  He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Rostov, Russia.  He is a software developer at Policy Technologies in Rexburg.  He works with all seven of my brothers and likes it a lot.  He went to college at Ricks and BYU.  His favorite sport is football and loves the BYU Cougars.  He is a wonderful husband and father and I have been very blessed to be married to him.  


Our first son, Ammon, was born in August 2004 in Littleton Colorado. He will be eight this coming August and will be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  He will be in the third grade this coming school year.Maylie is our first daughter.  She was born in June 2006 in Littleton.  She will be six in June and will be in the first grade this coming school year. Our second daughter's name is Emmaline and she will be five in August.  She was born in August 2006 in Rexburg soon after we moved from Littleton.  She will be in Kindergarten this coming school year.



Our second son's name is Hyrum and he will be three this December.  He was born in December 2009 in Rexburg.  
Ashlie is our third daughter and fifth child.   She was born four weeks premature in December 2011 in Rexburg.  She couldn't breath on her own so she had to stay in the NICU for 6 days.  We had to leave her there for Christmas.  The other kids were so sad that they couldn't see their new sister for a while and even after she came home I kept them away since it was RSV season.  She is doing great now. 


In February of 2012 I had to undergo gallbladder surgery.  That was worse than having a baby and I am so glad that is over with.  I have been very blessed in my life and am grateful for all that I have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment