Thursday, May 31, 2012

Amanda Siepert Hatch




I refuse to acknowledge how long we've been out of school. Instead I'm just going to give my update and pretend we aren't as old as we are. :)
After graduation I moved to Jackson Hole, Wyoming to work at the private airport.  It was fun and I met quite a few famous people.  The famous people were kind of boring, but I met many regular people who were a lot of fun to be around; including my now husband Marten. :)
In 2003 I moved to Layton, Utah to attend school to become an Esthetician.  I enjoyed learning the trade, but after graduating I decided a career in Esthetics wasn't for me.  From there I moved to South Carolina to live with my sister (Stacey) while I was deciding what to do next.  I was there for 2 weeks when Marten convinced me to elope with him in Las Vegas.  Getting married in Vegas was fabulous and it totally fit our personalities. 
We came back to Idaho Falls and bought our first home, a "fixer-upper" in 2004.  Luckily Marten is amazing at building and fixings things, but constantly upgrading the house got old after 4 years.  We sold that home and had a new house built on the numbered streets in Idaho Falls. Shortly after moving into our new home, I was pregnant with our little boy Maxx.  He is 2 years old now, and is the best little guy ever!  He loves to play trucks, dance, and do anything outside.  He is hilarious and we just love him.

Our little family loved living in Idaho Falls, but we recently decided we needed a new adventure and moved to Tetonia, Idaho (just outside of Driggs).  My husband's family lives in the Driggs area and we spend most of our time there, so we decided we may as well live there.  I'm working at Grand Targhee Resort in their Human Resources department (I recently graduated with my BA in Human Resource Training Development) and love my new job.  My husband has about a semester left of school, and he currently works in Idaho Falls at the State building. We are hoping he will be able to find a job closer to Driggs after he graduates.  I never would have pictured myself living in the mountains; Rexburg was about as country as I ever wanted to be.  Most days I am the only person who wears make up at work and it is very possible I'm the only one who doesn't ride a mountain bike everywhere I go, but I am learning to love these crazy outdoor fanatics and their naturalist ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment