Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shantel Jensen Reid

After high school I went to BYU-I. That’s where I met my husband, Beau. We were married in the Idaho Falls LDS Temple in Aug. 2004. In May 2005, we both graduated from BYU-I with our bachelor degrees, my husband got his degree in biology, and mine was in social work.

In the fall of 2005 my husband started Pharmacy School at Idaho State University, so we moved to Pocatello. I got my state LSW (Licensed Social Worker) and worked in a children’s mental health clinic. I ran group sessions with kids diagnosed with behavioral disorders. I worked there for about 2 years until I had our little girl, Mylee, in the summer of 2007.

Beau graduated with his Doctorate of Pharmacy in 2009. He took his first job with Walgreens in Twin Falls, ID. Last year we bought our first house in Kimberly, ID (near Twin Falls) and our little boy, Daxton, was born in Feb. 2011. My husband recently changed jobs and went from Walgreens to the Smith’s Pharmacy. We are really happy with this change, and are finally starting to feel settled!

I keep my Social Work license current by completing Continuing Education Credits each year, but I haven’t worked outside of the home since becoming a mom. I stay busy enough with our kids:

Mylee will turn 5 this summer and she is my total Girly-Girl! She loves makeup, glitter, high heels, dresses, and singing to Taylor Swift. Haha! She is super smart and sometimes I think I’m raising a teenager instead of a 4 year old. She loves her gymnastics class and she starts kindergarten this fall.

Daxton is 14 months old and the total opposite of his big sister. He is ALL boy! From the minute he wakes up to the minute he falls asleep he has to be playing ball. Whether it is baseball, basketball, football, soccer, or golf, he doesn’t care, just as long as a ball is involved! The ONLY thing he’ll watch on TV is ESPN. He is the only 14 month old child that I know who loves sportscenter. He is a busy-body and keeps me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment