Sunday, July 1, 2012

Jeremy and Celeste Boehme

As we were leaving high school I doubt any of us thought much about what really was going to be happening (or not happening as the case might be). I decided that after graduation it was my mission in life to make sure that every single female on the campus of BYU-I had the opportunity to go on an amazing date with yours truly. I am sure that many broken hearts ensued, but it just wasn’t meant to be, as I hadn’t found my one-true-love. So I attended church on campus throughout the summer and decided that I would start school in the fall. In my mind I would have preferred to send in my mission papers as soon as I graduated high school, but my birthday precluded me from turning in any mission papers until most of the way through the college semester anyhow. I decided to major in Biology and minor in Chemistry thinking that I would be headed to medical school after I finished my bachelor’s degree when I got back from my mission (little did I know that wasn’t going to be happening!)
I went to the Fall 2002 and Spring 2003 semesters at BYU-I and then this small town country boy was shipped off to the 8th largest metropolitan area in the world, São Paulo, Brazil to learn Portuguese and serve a mission in the Brazil Riberão Preto Mission. I can honestly say the hardest two years of my life, but definitely the most rewarding. Little did I know I would be returning stateside at the same time my future bride was returning from her mission to Panama City, Panama. I wouldn’t even meet her for three months, but little did she know I was going to be the next best thing since sliced bread! After my mission I decided I needed to buckle down and figure out what I wanted to do with my life. So between my 4-6 dates per week and a busy school schedule, I proceeded to job shadow several MD’s and realized that it just wasn’t my calling in life. I also job shadowed a pharmacist at Memorial Hospital and found out, that it was something I really enjoyed.
I met my wife Celeste Taphous, from Ohio, through a mutual friend, only after dating three out of the four of her roommates. We were on talking terms, but that was about it. Then, the week before the 18th of February 2006 I decided that she needed to go on a hike/date with a group of us during one of the coldest winters on record in Rexburg. She was the only girl I had ever met that had so bluntly told me “NO”! Then I proceeded to hear it four more times until either I wore her out or she just wanted me to leave, but that was the start to something amazing. We were engaged in April outside of the Idaho Falls Temple, and we were sealed for eternity on August 18, 2006 in the same temple. I couldn’t imagine my life without her and every day is one I look forward to living with my dream girl.
I applied to the Idaho State University-College of Pharmacy with just my pre-requisites and a $55 application fee gamble, and it paid off. I lived in Pocatello for the first three years of my program where we had our first kiddo, Eva, while I was pursuing my degree and Celeste was getting her Master’s in Public Health. Right before my final year of pharmacy school we had our number two, Hunter, and then two weeks later we moved to Coeur D’Alene, ID for my final year of clinical rotations. We enjoyed every minute of it! I graduated with my Doctorate of Pharmacy in May 2011, moved to Twin Falls, Idaho for a job, and had baby number three, Londyn, in September. I went through the process of applying for clinical residency, to become board certified, and lo-and-behold I am now starting a residency program with the Veteran’s Affairs in Lincoln, Nebraska.

I can usually be reached at jeremyboehme@yahoo or and if you would like an invite to our usually not updated blog you could always shoot me an email. 

No comments:

Post a Comment